Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Month

Conversations with my boss at GS:

Rodney: So, Kane, isn't it funny how different our generations are?
Kane: Uhhhh. I guess. You wear sweaters to work, I wear polos. Crazy.
Rodney: That's not the only difference. For example, what would you say if I told you to straighten up those shelves over yonder?
Kane: Ummm... "OK"?
Rodney: Well, maybe the first time. Maybe even the second time. But on the third, I'm pretty sure you would give me some "lip".
Kane: I mean, it is my job... I doubt I would complain about having to do my job.
Rodney, as if I had answered"Damn right I would"*: I guess I should just learn to expect it. Your generation doesn't realise how easy you have it. All the rights you have that MY generation earned for you.
Kane: Rodney... You realize, I'm not black, right? I would have the same rights despite what your generation had accomplished. Probably more.
Rodney: Right... Well anyways, go home and change your shoes. You have to wear dress shoes to work. And remember to clock out until you get back.

And another.

Rodney: Kane, why are your pre-orders so low?
Kane: Because we're located in the Twin Rivers Mall. We don't get any customers.
Rodney: Rubbish! What do you call those over there? *points at two little babies running around the store*
Kane: Children who's parents drop them off, with no money, while they go check the blue-light deals at K-mart. Every single day. Do you think we can get a sign that says "GAMESTOP IS NOT FREE CHILD CARE"?
Rodney: Kane, you're looking at it the wrong way. Go up to them, tell them about upcoming games. Perhaps they will get their parents to buy them later.
Rodney *to kids*: Hey guys! Heard about Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
Kids: *keep running around like hooligans*
Rodney: It's coming out soon, and it's really going to revelutionaryize the gjonder of fighting games
Kane: Excuse me Rodney?
Rodney: Brawl. the fighting gjonder is going to be revolutionaryized by it.
Kane: Ok, that's waht I thought you said. Just making sure.


:(

No comments: