Monday, March 24, 2008

First Random Comment

So, I got my first positive comment from a random person the other day. On my "Music" blog. This may seem like nothing to people who don't actually WRITE blogs, but to me, it's a milestone. I honestly haven't been this excited in quite some time.

Her name is "The Shrip Queen", and she writes about fish. And cooking fish. How to cook fish, and the life of a fish cook. At first I thought to myself, "What in TARNATION could a fish-cook find interesting in my blogs?", but then I noticed her personal page.

Actually, her personal page doesn't even give that much away. Her favorite movie is Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood. Which I had to IMDB in order to see if it was real, by the way. She listens to Nirvana, Sade, and N.E.R.D.

This next passage was taken directly from her blog, from a story that deviates away from the big blue.

"It all began when I got into an accident last month. It involved sleeplessness, darkness, and a stationary utility cart sitting quite comfortably in the middle of a usually(but not at 11:30pm) highway. Bottom line? It was my fault. From the insurance company's wack-ass P.O.V, "What if it had been a small child?" If this conversation had not been recorded for training purposes, I might have revealed the answer that A. The child would have been one dead mothafucka. B. You would not be recieving a call from my ass."

This one is to you, Shrimp Queen. Keep making those shrimp and grits, and I'll keep writing for you. I appreciate your hits.

No comments: