Thursday, January 31, 2008

Turok

As most of you know, I have an undying love for video games and dinosaurs. Therefore, years ago when I saw Turok 64 on the shelves of Target, I was instantly sold. Well, not instantly actually.

Here is a quick synopsis of the storyline of Turok 64: You're an Indian who is in the past, but is ALSO in the future. At the same time. I don't know how they sucked me into believing that, but I was eight years old at the time.  You're in the past to kill another Indian, but the game doesn't give you a reason why. He didn't kill your family, he isn't attempting to rise to power in any way, he doesn't do anything bad at all. He just lives Indian life, and probley smokes hookah all day.

On the way to kill him, you also slaughter hordes of dinosaurs. Again, for no reason. At all. Hell, it's not even in self defense. You hear a T-Rex roar on the other side of the continent, run over, and stick your sword in his butt. Then you treck ALL the way back to the other coast and start chasing after your Native American rival again.

Eventually you get to some tower in the middle of the jungle, fight a giant praying mantis, and kill the Indian at the top. With a crossbow, for some reason. You use semi-automatic firearms throughout the entire game, but when you fight your rival you have to use a crossbow. Not just any crossbow either. This was a Future-Past Crossbow.

Turok came out for the 360 today, and my work had too few copies for me to check out. Boo hoo; I suppose I have to wait. I. the meantime, I guess I'm going to sell my body in an attempt to buy a Wii before SSBB come out.

No comments: